If you like caesar salads then you have most likely had a grilled chicken caesar. But this may not be the first thing that pops in your mind when planning your dinner menu for the week.
Let this serve as a reminder to add this salad to your list of quick and easy dinners. All it takes is a little bit of pre-planning, especially if you grill a lot. Just add this to your grill the night before so the chicken is ready to be used the next night.
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
1 boneless skinless chicken breast per person
Lawry's Garlic salt blend - pictured
Parmesan cheese - grated and shaved
Caesar salad dressing - I use Cardini's
The secret to a Caesar salad is in the mixing. Most people just pour the dressing on the salad and add croutons. I think this way makes the salad taste better.
1. The night before sprinkle the chicken breast with the garlic salt and grill. If your chicken breasts are on the thick side you should either slice them in half to make 2 thinner pieces or pound them thinner. Then place in the frig till the next night. (this can be done 2 nights ahead if necessary)
2. To assemble the salad, cut the chicken breasts in thin slices. If you like your chicken served warm (not hot) then pop it in the microwave for about 20 - 30 seconds once it has been sliced.
3. Place the romaine in a salad bowl and add some of the dressing. With tongs mix the dressing and salad, distributing the dressing evenly.
4. Sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese on and mix with the tongs again. If you think you need more salad dressing then add more after you mixed the parmesan cheese in, but beware it only takes a small bit to make this salad.
5. Add the chicken and croutons and again use the tongs to mix well.
6. Top with shaved parmesan.