I love cooking and sharing recipes with everyone. If you are looking for a recipe or need an idea for dinner, just let me know. I am here to help make your kitchen a happy place.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

3 ingredients = yum

Today we are having leftovers, well my hubby and my son Tyler are having left overs. I need veggies, lots of veggies right now. For some reason I am craving them so I looked in my produce drawer and found some makings for a yummy dinner.

Can you tell whats in it?

1 zucchini
1 orange bell pepper
3 Roma tomatoes

The rest of the ingredients are pantry items:
Olive oil, garlic, salt and basil

Here's how to make it:
Heat about 1T olive oil in a skillet, add the zucchini, garlic and pepper to a skillet and cook 5 minutes until the veggies get a bit tender. Add the tomatoes, basil and salt to taste and cook for another 5 minutes till it all softens. I was planning on making an enchilada with this, but we have no tortillas left from this weekend so I am cooking up a bit of pasta (another pantry item) to go with it. Its an easy and yummy dinner. And all you needed was 3 items besides pantry items.

Next time you want a quick dinner don't forget about your produce drawer. I had other things in there but these 3 things go well together.

Enjoy!
Sha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment